In our opinion there are three good reasons to choose an independent telephone engineer:
- While BT, or other providers, will charge a call out fee of circa £130 just to ring your door bell, independent engineers usually don't
- They also charge a cheaper hourly rate
- A service providers engineer will only carry out work on the service provider’s equipment which can mean you may need more than one engineer if there is a mishmash of equipment from a number of providers
- It also means that an independent engineer can provide advice on a cross market basis for any equipment, not just the equipment of the provider
- With an independent engineer you can deal directly and consistently with one person. You don't have to wait in the queuing system of an overseas call center, and don't have to explain your requirements multiple times to different people.